International photo competition
Let's take a photo of Europe: Fort Cadine and De Gasperi's Birthplace Museum
The Fondazione Museo storico del Trentino (Trentino history museum foundation) and the Fondazione De Gasperi (De Gasperi foundation) invite all to join the “EUROPEAN HERITAGE LABEL (EHL) PHOTO COMPETITION - EUROPE STARTS HERE!”, dedicated to professionals and non-professionals of all ages to promote the fundamental EHL values founded on the principles of freedom, democracy, respect for human rights, cultural and linguistic diversity, tolerance and solidarity.
An opportunity to photograph Europe, promoting the EHL sites, and enhancing its stories, which are increasingly leaning towards Europe.
From the Acropolis of Athens to the Archaeological site of Carnuntum in Austria, from the Abbey of Cluny to the Peace Palace in The Hague: the sites that the European Union has so far certified as depositories of European cultural heritage number 46; 3 of them are in Italy, 2 of which are in Trentino!
They are the Fort Cadine, managed by the Fondazione Museo storico del Trentino, and the Museo Casa De Gasperi (De Gasperi's Birthplace Museum) in Pieve Tesino. Respectively, the two sites obtained the recognition “European Heritage Label” by the European Commission in 2018 and in 2015. The third site in Italy is the beautiful Archaeological site of Ostia Antica (Rome).
The competing photographs will be judged by an international Jury of experts – composed of representatives from European Commission, House of European History, Council of European Union, European Heritage Label Expert Panel, Europa Nostra and representatives of Competition Organizer (the Hofburg of Vienna and the city of Lublin).
The competition - duration 15 February 2021 / 14 March 2021 - is open to all interested amateurs and professionals photographers. Participants will be qualified in two age categories:
- youth – below 30 (including 30)
- adults – above 31
The pre-selected Jury photos (20 in each age category) will be presented to the wide audience, which in the process of public voting on the project’s website will select the winners in both age categories.
The results of the voting will be announced on 9 May 2021 on the website and social media of the Competition Organizer and the websites of European institutions which are part of the Jury.
AWARDS FOR THE BEST PHOTOS:
1. The winners will receive the monetary prize valued: 500 EUR for youth category and 500 EUR for adult category. The Jury Award will be equal to 500 EUR. All tax issues regarding receiving the monetary prize are subject of concern of the winner.
2. The winners will be honored with the ‘Gold EHL Card’ which offers i. a. free entries, reductions, special EHL gifts and other special attractions / benefits provide by every EHL site
3. The winning photos with the name of author will be presented on the EHL postcards, brochures, posters and other EHL dissemination and communication materials.
4. The winners will take part in the Award Ceremony which be organized in Lublin (Poland) at the beginning of June/July 2021. The travel and accommodation issues for winners will be covered by the Association of European Heritage Label Sites.
5. Pre-selected photos in each age category will be qualified for the post-competition exhibition and the online catalog.
1. Each author may submit to the competition a maximum of 3 single photos relating to infinite number of EHL site (for example it could be 3 photos from one EHL site or 3 photos from three EHL sites). The submitted photos have not been previously published or awarded in any other competition.
2. Any technique of the photography is allowed.
3. Each work submitted to the competition must be a photo from a single exposure. The collage made out of few pictures is not allowed.
4. Participation in the competition is free.
The pictures need to be accompanied by a personal story (only in English) in relation to the site and its related values – the maximum length of the description should not exceed 500 characters (including spaces).
Images and documentation required for the competition must be uploaded to the organiser's website (www.ehl-network.eu ) by 14 March 2021, by following the instructions given in the call.
Questions concerning the competition can be sent to the competition secretariat by writing to the following addresses:
- Katarzyna Czerlunczakiewicz, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michał Trzewik, e-mail: email@example.com
Source: editorial staff and https://www.ehl-network.eu/